Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Summer Activity for Kids

Easy Homemade Sidewalk Paint

I found the recipe at Petit Elephant. My boys, ages 3 and 4, loved it and we didn’t even have paintbrushes, so they just used their hands (and feet)! I wanted to do a test run to see how it worked, but I’m going to get paintbrushes for this summer. This adds variety to our at-home outdoor activities, and would be fun with friends and neighborhood kids. It really did dry up like chalk and rinsed right off their hands and feet! I noticed that my 3 year old’s hands had a bit of green tint to them though… I’m wondering if I didn’t mix it well enough, and if there was a pocket of food coloring…?! That’s the only con to it… but paintbrushes would solve that, and to be completely honest, I don’t care about the greenish tint because he was obviously having a great time outside! Be sure to visit Petit Elephant for the recipe and further instruction!

2june 039 2june 066 2june 073

-Alicia

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...